Rental Rules and Restrictions - Rental customer agrees to the following policies:
- Full-day rental is 8 HOURS, between 8am - 530pm. For boats returned late, customer will be charged 25% of the day rate per hour, unless a modified timeframe has been arranged in advance with Ladd’s Landing Marina. Weekly rentals are 6 calendar days and boats must return at end of each day BEFORE SUNSET to marina docks for overnight berthing and return by 530pm on the last day of the rental.
- FUEL IS NOT INCLUDED IN RENTAL RATE – tank will go out full and customer will be charged for fill-up at the gas dock at the end of rental period. Motors must use NON-ETHANOL GAS only.
- Rental customer must have and present a VT Boating Safety Course Certificate (“VT boater's license”), or other state/federal equivalent, if customer is born after January 1, 1974.
- Customer is responsible for any loss or damage to equipment. Customer is also responsible for return of all equipment on boat and in boat safety bag and will be charged accordingly for missing or damaged equipment, INCLUDING DAMAGE TO PROPELLER. Boats returned dirty will be assessed a cleaning fee (minimum $100).
- ABSOLUTELY NO BEACHING OF BOATS and NO LEAVING BOAT UNATTENDED AT ANCHOR.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT OF $500 is required on all boats to cover minor damage and/or loss of equipment. Customer is responsible for FULL cost of damages to boat, which may exceed security deposit.
- Customer and rental party absolves and holds harmless Ladd’s Landing Marina and its owners and employees of all liabilities and assumes total responsibility for operation of rented equipment.
- Insurance regulations STRICTLY FORBID TOWING, TUBING OR WATER SKIING from Ladd’s Landing Marina rental boats. Violation of this rule will immediately end rental period and $500 security deposit will be forfeited.
- A HOLDING DEPOSIT of 1/2 of the total fee plus 6% VT sales tax is required to reserve a boat. HOLDING DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE unless LLM can re-rent the boat for the same rental period or LLM cancels due to weather or necessary equipment repairs/maintenance.